The Cheat and The Sneak Dig the Interweb

2 cats go on an unamusing adventure for the benefit of themselves.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I was waiting to write an entry here until I had a better camera available than my phone's camera, but it's not gonna happen. So no pictures this time! Only stories!

The Cheat was rolling around on his back a lot last night in our living room. The Sneak was in our living room too, but more rubbing up against the wall and trying to decide if she should hide or not. We were like a family! A very Brady moment. I think that's the most social I've seen the cats so far. Maybe they were lured out by my tofu stir-fry (did it remind them of Kris?)

Also, we locked The Cheat out of my bedroom for a few minutes and he got really desperate. My down comforter and bay window are like cat-crack to him. It sounded like he had lept half-way up the door and was slowly sliding/scrabbling down it.

My mom got really worried about the cats going outside when I talked to her on the phone. She thinks they should NEVER be let out, since it's a neighborhood they don't know. I place a lot more confidence in technology than her and say it'll be ok because of their transponder thingies. What say you, Ardents?

I think my most favorite cat moment so far was when I was lying down on my side reading, at the cats' level, and The Sneak started nosing about my forehead. I felt like she thought I was another cat or something. Changing perspective from above to same-level is a significant experience.

p.s. These cats aren't Irish enough for me. I was eating delicious corned beef on St. Patties day, while they were in my bed with me, and neither of them even TRIED to get some.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Ardent said...

One time, when our neices came over, we tried to keep them inside so that the little girls (aged 3 and 2 or something like that) could at least see the cats. The Sneak, though, heard them coming in the front door, and tried leaping through the patio door to get outside. She was throwing herself up and at the glass, so much that I finally opened the cat-door, as I as afraid she would hurt herself if it kept up for much longer. Anyway, that's what your story of The Cheat reminds me of.

I don't think you should worry too much about letting them outside. Like I said, just wait a month or so before letting them out, so that they really get into the notion that your place is their home. I'm glad The Cheat is so attached to your room; that means he'll probably come back to it. Their transponder thingies are only able to be read by the vet or a shelter, so if someone brings them in, we'll be called. It's not like Kitty-LoJac. But, I'm betting that they won't even try to leave your back yard. They never wandered far from Ft. Awesome. Mostly they just sat on the porch.

Yeah, they don't really dig on people-food. Except for creamy milk-based things, like ice cream or yogurt or sour cream. They dig on that stuff.

Yay, keep it up! We miss them, and miss you.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kris Ardent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kris Ardent said...

Ah, forehead touching. So great. I'd let them outside. They'll come back. And if they don't, they were never ours to begin with, or some other such bullshit. They're cats: live free or die! Or live free, then die!

Now I want Kitty LoJac, or at least cameras attached to their heads or hanging from their collars (hmm...maybe that would be too barfy, like Bourne Supremacy) so we can see where they're going and what they're up to. That would be rad too.

Vanessa! You are a rad friend!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home